Monday, November 10, 2008

Toys R Us Biggest Toy Book...

Yesterday Jen, Theresa and I went to Toys r Us to get a Birthdya present for a party that Theresa had been invited to. At the front door they had the big toy book so I grabbed one thinking that I could look through it for Christmas present ideas for the kids. Jen had gotten one last week and Travis and Theresa went through and circled stuff that they want for Christmas (and Travis's Birthday). So while we were driving to the pother places that we needed to go to I gave Theresa the book and told her to circle the stuff that she wanted and to circle stuff that her brother wanted if she remember. Well I learned my lesson, never let a 4 year old pick out stuff from a catalog. I think she circled about 200 different things. She really wants a talking dollhouse that I think her grandparents are getting for her and then she found this monkey in a baby swing thing that she really wants (see the picture below). Anyway it plays music and the flower opens and closes. It is pretty cute. So I showed it to Jeremy and we think that we will get it for her. Normally I get them each a few gifts, but this year they are getting one each. So since that is the plan then they will get a decent sized present and it will be something that they really want. Travis has just asked us for chapter books (he is very into reading right now) which we will get for his birthday (which is on 12/12) but we still need him to show us what he wants for Christmas.

3 comments:

Jim and Heather on Meerkat said...

Ok, so the flower opens and closes, then what does it do?

Years ago my roommate Kurt would go through catalogs and circle things that he would "want". Well he pretty much circled the beautiful models. He wanted them, not what they were selling. So you can't let a 35 year old man choose stuff out of a catalog either.

Elizabeth said...

That is a cute toy, but what is up with all the toys having to make noise and move around these days?

Jennifer said...

I guess it rocks the baby monkey to sleep and it plays i think 5 different songs. They had a display up at the store and it plays the music very softly so at least it is not a loud toy. Travis told me tonight that he no longer wants chapter books. He wants a real dirt bike.