Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Disney California Adventures...May 2008

When we went to Disneyland for my Birthday in May the tickets that we got were special. You bought one day and got to come back to the other park on a different day for free. So we took advantage and went to California Adventure for the first time. It was a lot of fun and no where near as crowded as Disneyland.




This is the bear that is outside of the Grizzy Bear River Run. This ride was great and you got very went.
The Hollywood Tower of Terror is now one of my favorite rides. It is an out of control elevator that shoots up up into the air and then slams you back down, which a few stops in between and a change of direction. Jeremy went on it with the the first time and then decided to never go on it again. Emily and I rode it twice and laughed the entire time.

The bugs life land was very cute and colorful. They have the different bugs from the movie scattered around.













The ferris wheel scared me just by looking at it. First it is over the water and second it has some carts that slide around. There is no way I was going on it. It is very pretty to look at but I am not big on ferris wheels.








This was some kids ride that looked like Jellyfish. The colors where great, which is why I took the picture.













There was also no way that I was going on the roller coaster. I hate things that go upside down.
The big orange has swings inside of it. I loved the swings when I was younger but now I don't like them very much.











Here is a better picture of the Ferris Wheel. You can see the cars that slide around.



Here is the bear that is ontop of the mountain of the River Run ride. Emily and I went on this one twice. Jeremy is not very big on water rides anymore so he did not go on it with us.













The best ride was probably the Soaring over California which is like a big IMAX screne and you are up in the air "Flying" or hang gliding all over California. You can smell oranges and feel the wind in your hair. I do recommend that everyone go to California Adventures at least once. WE had a blast.

3 comments:

Jim and Heather on Meerkat said...

The Tower of Terror was a blast! Cherryl cried...
The rollercoaster was a blast!
Cherryl screamed...
The Bug's Life 3D movie was awesome!
Can't remember what Cherryl did...
The Soaring over CA was the BEST!
Cherryl loved it too...

Meghan said...

MMMMM I love California Adventure. Soaring over California is the best ever!!! I love the part where you can smell the oranges. The ferris wheel was tons of fun, but then again. I like heights and having my heart into my stomach

Unknown said...

I got some stories from Dec 07 trip there, I'll have to tell you in person though, too long to type out.

That "bear" mountain still looks like a wolf to me, not a bear.