Monday, November 17, 2008

Seaside Highland Games October 2008

In October I went to the Seaside Highland Games or the Scotish Festival as some people call it. I was amazed at the turnout this year. I think it was the most crowded it has been in the 5 years that it has been going on it Ventura. I saw this security gaurd drinking a beer while doing security for the opening ceremonies. I had to laugh at it because where else besides a scotish/irish festival would a security guard be allowed to drink a beer. I tried to get a picture of him actually drinking it but he had stopped taking his drink before the camera came on, so I took a picture of him with it in his hand.










We did go see The Wicked Tinkers play. They were wonderful like usual.





This one is from Ventura so of course I had to get a close up of him.






















At the end of each day they do a closing cermony where all of the bagpipe bands march in. All of the band leaders are very serious and do not show any emotion.

This little boy was there last year also. He leads in the Northridge band I believe. He is so cute and watches all of the other leaders come in and follows what they do. The best part is watching him lead in the band and to see all of these grown men following him.



I do have more pictures from the day and will post the best ones another time. If anyone has not been to the Highland Games before you should go next year. It is a lot of fun. We tried to watch the athletics this year but it was very windy that day. We did see the pole where they toss the keg or whatever they were tossing this year fall down from the wind. It was kind of scary though it came close to hitting someone.

2 comments:

Jim and Heather on Meerkat said...

The dude in The Wicked Tinkers has a boat on C Dock (our old dock) and went to school with Donna.
He is a bit on the different side...
Always a fun day to go there!

The Clobes Crew said...

The security guard with the beer is pretty funny!