Saturday, January 24, 2009

Mail....

I got some mail today for Joseph Gartman, at first I thought who is this but then I realized hey it's for my brother. Normally he gets junk mail here so I don't pay much attention to it, but I noticed that this one is for his class reuinon. Wait it's for his 10 year class reunion...my brother has been out of high school for 10 years already. That made me feel really old. So I decided to email him and let him know that they want his current contact info and I have offered to mail this stuff to him or to my mom's for him to pick up, we'll see if I actually get a response.

Knowing that Joe has been out of high school for 10 years got me thinking. I remember when my sister was born and my dad and I figured out that by the time she graduated high school I would be 35. She will be graduating in 2010, which is just around the corner and will mean that I have been out of school for way to long. Now I have to wonder where did the past 16 years go? Why is it that time seems to fly by once you become an adult??? I really want to go back to being 25 right now because then I wouldn't feel so old. What's really sad is that I just forgot how old I am now and had to use the caluclator to figure it out. I thought I was a year younger.

I was watching VH1 the other day ( yes VH1 is still on tv and they have 2 channels VH1 and Classic VH1) anyway I was wayching the 100 greatest songs from the 80's and I knew every single song that they played and some where from when I was 6 years old. The music that is on now days I can't even understand the words that they are saying, but turn on an 80's song and I will know every word. Jeremy has sirus radio in the truck and my favorite station is called Hair Nation , which is all of the bands that had the big and long hair and they are all from the 80's. The bands now days have punk hair or no hair. Jeremy and I went to Best Buy tonight and there where all of the cd's from people who I have no clue who they are. We didn't even go in to find new music. I went to find an older Aerosmith CD and wouldn't you know it the darn thing is so old now that it was priced as a "super price" for $7.99 (super price means hurry up and buy it and get it our of our store). We also picked up what I thought was a new cd, The Smashing Pumpkins greatest hits and when we got home I turned it over and saw that it is 9 years old already. Now I understand about my parents not understanding my music when I was a kid.

I guess I should go to bed now since it is after 1 am and I am no longer making any sense. I had to take a vicodin for my shoulder to stop hurting and I am getting loopy.

1 comments:

Elizabeth said...

Good God, Joseph graduated TEN years ago!?! You think you feel old?