Sunday, March 15, 2009

Apples to Apples


Last night (saturday night) Jen, Matt, Travis, Theresa and I played Apples to Apples. For those of you who don't know this game it is a fun word game, which can get pretty bad depending on who you are playing it with. Basically a player lays down a card with a word like "pretty" and the other players have to choose a card from their hand that best fits the word. One time while playing the word was dysfunctional and somebody put down family, which we all thought was pretty funny. When you play with Matt who pretty much have to put down the most random thing or the complete oppisite because that is normally what he picks. Anyway guess who won on Saturday....give up?? Theresa beat us all. We were shocked that the 4 year old (almost 5 years old) beat 3 adults and her 7 year old brother. None of us could figure out how that happened as she would just pick any card out of her hand pretty much without knowing what the word was. Or maybe she did know what the word was and is just smarter than the rest of us! I do have to thank my wonderful Aunt Heather for introducing us to this game!! Travis did get the junior edition for Christmas but he still likes to play with the older version also. It is good though because it is teaching the kids new words and the meaning of words since we normally have to explain what they mean.


Anyway I have been stuck on the couch all day. I slipped and fell in the bathroom Friday night and reinjured my ankle. It is now popping when I walk and is very painful. Of course it is the same ankle that I sprained 7 years ago and has tendonitis in it. I am hoping that it stops hurting tomorrow so I can go see Denise on Tuesday, she is going to Disneyland again since the 3 day ticket the military gave her expires on Saturday. So now I am in bed and watching season 5 of Roseanne. I own seasons 1 and 2 and borrowed the rest from my sister. I am trying to finish watching her dvds so I can give them back to her.




0 comments: