Monday, February 9, 2009

Lookin' out my back door...

I have CCR's song Lookin' out my back door stuck in my head and I have not heard it for at least 3 days now. We woke up this morning to the sound of pouring rain ( hey that's from another song, but I can't remember who sings it, must remember to look that one up later). Anyway I was looking out my back door this morning and here is what I saw.

A river of water running down the middle of the street.
My puddle at the end of the driveway is getting bigger.

And some very muddy grass.


Oh yeah and I noticed this yesterday, we have a gopher!!! Well actually I should say that we HAD a gopher. Last night my big kitty (outside kitty as the kids like to call him) came up on the porch and made that cry that he brought us dinner. I opened the front door and looked out the screen and saw that yes he brought us a gift. He caught the gopher. He dropped it on the porch and started to bat it around trying to play with it, but it was dead. I told him thank you and asked him to take his friend somewhere else to play with it, but of course he left it there for us. Jeremy got rid of it this morning, no I did not take any pictures of it.


I received a letter from unemployment last week and I have been approved for another 20 weeks at the same rate I was getting before!!! Now I have another 5 months to look for a job. I did go by McDonalds the other day and they are not hiring, which works for me because I really don't want to work around fast food. Wow I just looked out the window and for the second time this morning the sun has come out. Last time it was out for about a minute and then it got cloudy and rained really hard. I wonder how long it will be out this time. We did also have some thunder and lightening this morning. I checked the weather report and we are supposed to have rain starting again sometime on Wednesday and going through Sunday and the again on Tuesday of the following week. I love the rain so it can rain as much as it wants except for on Sunday. I have plans to go to Long Beach, the Scotish Festival is at the Queen Mary this weekend and Gretchen and I are going to go on Sunday. The best part is we get to do a self guided tour of the Queen Mary!!! Ok enough rambling for me this morning. I am going go to drink some more coffee.


3 comments:

Elizabeth said...

Glad to hear your unemployment got extended!

Unknown said...

I'm told they got snow for ther second time this winter up in Palmdale. It's a sign that the world is ending!

Also, Chuck Girard has a song "And The Rain Came Down", which start with the line "Woke up this morning to the sound of falling rain", maybe that's the one?

return of the loser said...

That really sucks Jen I just hate it when cats do that crap.