Monday, October 25, 2010

New Flavor Of Nyquil!!!!!

On Thursday I had a sore throat and a runny nose. I thought it was allergies, but by Friday I was feeling pretty yucky. In fact we ended up closing early for the day and I went home and laid on the couch all night. I didn't want to eat or drink anything and felt horrible. Jeremy had to go to work that night but he set up the humidifier for me and I laid in bed and breathed in all the lovely vapor filled air and was hoping I would fill better the next morning. Nu luck I woke up Saturday still congested and was running a fever. I stayed in bed for a long time and ended up getting up so we could run to Target to get Nyquil and toilet paper. You may ask why not just send Jeremy by himself, well he likes to look at all the stuff and when I send him by himself he comes back with things I did not ask for and always spends way more than what was allowed. So I went with him to the Nyquil asile where we were surprised to find a new flavor! It's vanilla cherry swirl, of course we had to try it since I can't stand the nasty green flavor.

So with my prized Nyquil in hand we grabbed the much needed toilet paper and off we went, next stop was to get something for dinner since he had to go to work early that night and I was not in the mood to cook. I really wanted pizza, don't know why I wanted pizza with being as sick as I was, but pizza sounded really good. So we went to Dominos since they have the special of a medium pizza with 2 toppings for $5.55 or some low price like that. Jeremy went in to order the food and I sat in the car, starting to feel even worse at this point. I really wanted to be home already but I didn't want to pay a tip to the pizza delivery person so we waitied for 20 minutes to get our pizza and home we went.

After I ate I decided it was time to tr the new nyquil. While it still had a bad taste I could handle it much better than the green one. I took a normal dose and waited for it to work. I was ready to go to sleep at 7pm but knew if I did I would be wide awake at 3am. So I forced myself to stay awake until about 10pm or so and then went to bed and guess what happened then.....I was wide awake at 3am!!!!! It took me 2 hours and another shot of nyquil to go back to sleep. I guess this new flavor did not work at that great compared to the original nyquil that you have to get from behind the counter and have to have your id scanned to get, at least with that one if I wake up I can fall back asleep pretty quickly, not 2 hours later!!!

So I guess my leasoned learned is that you need to stick with the good nyquil and just because they have new flavors that may taste better it does not have the same ingreidents that make you feel nice and loopy. That reminds me we also saw that nyquil makes an alcohol free formula now. Isn't that why we take nyquil for the alcohol content??

1 comments:

Elizabeth said...

Hey, next time you feel a cold coming on get some zinc tablets asap and start sucking on them. They don't taste all that great but they will really help you feel better much faster. You have to start them when you first feel it coming on, though, or they won't do any good. Keep some at work just in case!
Hope you feel better!