Sunday, March 28, 2010

Universal Studios

A few weeks ago we were invited to go to Universal Studios with some people from Jeremy's work. They have a special where you buy your one day ticket and you get to go back all year for FREE!!! So us being the nice people we are decided that Todd needed to visit Universal Studios since he had never been there. We arranged it with his mom for her to buy him a ticket and we took him on Saturday. We had a lot of fun. Sorry but these pictures are out of order and I can't figure out how to fix them.We saw Homer and Marge at Moe's.


We went to Krustyland and rode The Simpons ride. This ride is crazy, its a motion stimulator ride and you sit in a car (it was a remodled car from the Back to the Future ride that they used to have) and off you go into a crazy adventure at Krustyland. I would go on this all day long if the lines weren't so long.


We got to see a fake shark on the tram ride. I think this picture was actually taken when we went before but the one Jeremy took on Saturday came out yucky.


We did get to see Frankenstein. I would have gotten in line to get a picture with him but it was pretty crowded around him.



Here is Todd on his very first tram ride, this is the backlot tour which shows you some pretty neat stuff.



We got to see the Deathmobile from the Animal House movie. There are a bunch of studio cars there but I did not want to bore people with tons of pictures of cars.





When we got to the Bates Motel, Norman Bates was loading a dead body into the trunk of his car. Can you see him? He is right behind the tree. We were sitting in the very back row on the tram so it was hard to see him.





Well at least it was hard to see him until he ran up behind us. I got a closer picture but it came out blurry!! He was pretty creepy and would just watch you and give a odd smile.




We did most of the rides, well since there is only 4 real rides, we got on 3 of them before it got super crowded and it was very hot. We only stayed until about 5 because I was not feeling good from the heat anymore, but since Todd got the same ticket deal we did we can take him back again so he can do all the stuff we missed. Universal is very different than Disneyland. They have more shows than anything and you can meet a lot of characters. I wanted to get my picture with Homer Simpson but we will do that next time.Todd was surprisingly very good and we only had to beat on him a few times. For the most part he listened and stayed with us. I had a problem with him not paying attention to where we were going when I took him to Knotts Berry Farm a few years ago. He does get distracted and will walk ahead of you even though he has no clue where we are going. But for being a bratty 15 year old he was very good. I told Emily that since the special goes on until the end of April we would try and work it out to take her also, but we took Todd first since she got to go last year for her birthday and I have taken her to Disneyland a lot. So if anyone has the desire to go to Universal Studios go before April 30th and you can go the rest of the year for FREE!!! I love that word!! My next post will be from the Train Festival In Filmore today. I would do it now but I need to go to bed.





1 comments:

Elizabeth said...

That looks weird to see Marge and Homer walking around! Looks like a fun day. I would never have recognized Todd, he's so grown up and looks very handsome.