Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Disneyland fun...

On Thursday 4/16 Gretchen and I took Travis to Disneyland. We had one very excited boy!! He got to make Gretchen sick on the teacups.


And tried to pull the sword out of the stone. I have a picture of his doing this with Uncle Jeremy when he was just a year old. I will have to find it and scan it into the computer.


He got to drive Goofy's boat.


And ride in the back seat of Big Thunder Mountain, which is now his new favorite ride!


He really did not want to go on Pinnochio, but Gretchen and I did and I wanted Gretchen to hear it say jackass, which of course we did not hear that part this time as it was not timed right for us. Yes a Disneyland ride says jackass, I have heard it myself!







We played on the Pirate Island, which used to be Tom Sawyer's Island.





Travis found a chest to sit on in a cave.







And he played in the cage of bones from Pirates 2.



We had a very good day and one tired boy. Once we hit the freeway he was out in about 5 minutes. I got him back to his grandma's house where he was spending the night because he was on spring break and he woke up long enough to change into jammies and was out again before his head hit the pillow. I do think that we did wear us out first at Disneyland but once the adults had dinner we were good enough to drive home. I do love having an annual pass because then I don't feel like I have to hit every ride when I am there because I know that I can always go back.







5 comments:

Jim and Heather on Meerkat said...

I love Disneyland!!!
We had so much fun when we went for Dave Holien's 50th birthday - drinking appletinis in our room, whooping it up and going back and forth to D-land and Ca-Adventure. Fun!
Actually, I think it's more fun to go with adults...
ha ha! True tho!

Anonymous said...

It looks like you had as much fun at Disneyland as I did in Europe. The first post is up.

lainaloveseverything.blogspot.com

More to follow. :)

Jennifer said...

Did you know that they sell booze at California Adventures? They have beer, wine and margaritas!! Or you can leave and go to Rainforest Cafe in downtown Disney and drink there, ride the monorail back into Disneyland and then legally drive the cars while drunk or just slightly drunk. Yes I spend way to much time at Disneyland!

Meghan said...

Waiiittt a sec.

It's not TOM SAYWER ISLAND anymore?!?! It's PIRATES?!?!?

WHYY did they do that?? They already have their own entire ride... why do they need to steal poor ole Tom's island??

Damn pirates.

Jennifer said...

It's now called the Pirates Lair and it is a lot more fun than it used to be. They changed it to update Disneyland.