Friday, September 12, 2008

Kids say the weridest things....

So on Thursday I picked up Theresa from her speech school and was driving her back to Tutor Time when she decides to tell me something...

Theresa - Auntie, f&%k it is a bad word

Me (trying not to laugh) - What did you just say??

Theresa - f&%k it is a bad word

Me - Yes it is and please don't say that anymore (while still biting my lip and trying not to laugh)

Now Theresa does have speech issues and she could have been trying to say something else, but it sure sounded like what I thought she said. But hopefully she was trying to say something else, like maybe forget it is a bad word.

This reminded me of the time my brother Joseph said shit. I think my mom was putting away grocies and she said it for some reason and so he just repeated what he heard. I can also remember driving down the freeway when Joseph was still in a carseat and he threw one of his cars out of the window. I know kids do and say dumb things all of the time, but sometimes you can not help but laugh at them.

Theresa also told me during this same car trip that Uncle Jeremy (Uncle Dude as she has been calling him for months now) is now going to be called Silly Uncle. And last week she told me to paint Uncle's room pink and that we could not tell him we were doing it, it would be a surprise. She also told me that Grandma (Jeremy's mom) is crazy. When I told Grandma this tonight we asked Theresa why she said that and she said because she wanted to call her crazy and started laughing at herself.

Now Travis surprised me tonight. He came over and gave me a hug and kiss, which is rare these days now that he is almost 7 and he told me thank you!!! I was shocked and I have to wonder will he be that sweet tomorrow??

2 comments:

Jim and Heather on Meerkat said...

You named a dog F**k once. We all called it Hacka or something similar, but Hacka is not what you said. I believe you said F**ker and it came out F**kah, so to protect the innocent (you) it was Hacka.

Elizabeth said...

hah-I remember Joseph being all upset because we wouldn't turn around and go look for his car. Not that he didn't have 5000 more of them at home. Didn't he stuff his pockets full of toy cars at Grandma's house wanting to take them home?