Thursday, September 18, 2008

Holidays are coming.....

Has anyone else noticed that it is only September and there is already Christmas stuff out along with Halloween stuff???? Who buys Halloween candy in September? We don't because it would be gone way before Halloween. We usually aren't even home that night so we don't normally buy any of it. It is driving me nuts that both Target and Kmart have Christmas decorations already for sale. Why not wait until the day after Halloween, why now?? I swear Christmas stuff is being put out earlier every year. If it keeps on this way then sometime in the near future it will all be out in June or July, or maybe someday it will be out all year!! I love Christmas, but I can not get excited about it until after Thanksgiving. I just hope that stores are not playing Christmas music before Halloween!!

4 comments:

Jim and Heather on Meerkat said...

I think they should have to wait to put Christmas stuff out until the day after Thanksgiving. One holiday at a time.
It will be interesting to see when they start putting Christmas stuff out in Mexico. I did spend 2 Christmases (how to you make that plural?) in Mexico in 1998 & 1999, but can't remember when they started decorating. I think just a few weeks before. One more reason to be here!!

Elizabeth said...

ick, holidays. we are spending all of our holiday money on my dental bill-ha ha. seriously, let's do a minimalistic holiday this year-do not buy us any presents! or maybe just some cookies! the holiday music reminds me of working at walmart and having to listen to all the crappy christmas songs all night long on the store sound system-if we had still sold guns there I would have gotten a rifle and shot out the speakers!

Jim and Heather on Meerkat said...

Well you guys aren't getting anything from us! Ha ha ha!
Cause we won't be there... :(
Why don't you just do the white elephant thing and play bingo?

Janice Lois said...

My favorite holiday is just around the corner - Halloween