Thursday, April 3, 2008

Reading

I love to read and I have so may books that I can never remember what I have and haven't read. On the advice of my most wonderful Aunt Heather and Uncle Jim I read The Ruins by Scott Smith (The same guy who wrote A Simple Plan, which became a movie) I loved this book. It was very twisted!!! I happened to notice on the tv the other night that The Ruins movie is opening this weekend, I am very excited and want to go see it!! I am now reading Wicked (I saw the musical a year ago, it was excellent!! Thanks Uncle John!! If you have not seen it you must go) the book is very different so far and a little ard to read, but Gregory Maguire's writing style is great and very imaginative. I also have another one of his books, Confessions of an Ugly Stepsister (which I am still trying to read) and his stories just seem a little odd and different but very good.

Anyway the point of this blog is to ask everyone else for suggestions on books to read. I am going to clear out my old books and get some new ones, but I want to know what everyone else is reading and enjoying.

3 comments:

Jim and Heather on Meerkat said...

We just found a copy of The Ruins in the La Paz book exchange and gave it to Stan to read - so very creepy! Not sure if I could watch that as a movie...
Try all of Nelson DeMille's books: The Charm School, The Gold Coast, Plum Island, Up Country
Also anything by Robert Crais or Harlan Coben. For a funny read, anything by Janet Evanovich. Will let you know more as we think of them!
love,
Heather & Jim
PS Have fun working at home!!!

Tammy said...

check out goodreads.com...it's a great place to find new stuff to read!

Anonymous said...

Hello. This post is likeable, and your blog is very interesting, congratulations :-). I will add in my blogroll =). If possible gives a last there on my blog, it is about the TV de LCD, I hope you enjoy. The address is http://tv-lcd.blogspot.com. A hug.