Tuesday, April 8, 2008

Aquarium of the Pacific


At the beginning of March Jeremy and I took my sister to the Long Beach aquarium. We had a lot of fun, but it was a long day when we have to deal with the attitude of a 15 year old. She likes to wander off on her own and then I can never see to find her. I thought about leaving her there, but I did not think that my Dad would be to happy about that.
We saw lots of werid stuff, including this Spider Crab. He was just sitting there missing his front legs. I had to wonder if another crab got hungry and had crablegs for lunch.

They have a big shark tank and this guy wanted to show us his teeth.

Jellyfish!!! And more Jellyfish. They are very pretty and the color was much brighter thann these pictures show.
I really liked these transparent jellyfish. They were in a black tank and the light would shine through them.


This guy was in the petting tank. We got there right after they feed them sso we had to wait to touch them. They have to be calm before you can put your hands in. I decided not to touch them as I value my fingers and did not want the sharks to think that I was dessert. Jeremy and Emily were brave enough to put their hands in and yes I made them count their fingers afterwards to make sure that they were all there.



We had a pretty good time. I think that the next time I go back I would like to take a harbor tour also or go see the Queen Mary. I did discover that if you by the tickets online you can save some money!!!







0 comments: