Wednesday, April 2, 2008

My New Job Life or better titled I hate phone companies

Tuesday was my first day of working from home and boy was it a long day!! It all started put with phone issues. Our 866 line from the office was to be forwarded to my new phone line at home and what do you know it does not work. I spent over 3 hours on the phone with AT&T yesterday working on that problem and some other phone issues. I was bounced around from one department to another and then got stuck with the dreaded automated system who everytime I asked for an agent asked me if i wanted a refund. Finally I spoke to someone named Joseph, I told him when he answered the phone that he better be able to help me since he has the same name as my brother. I explained to him what I needed and how many hours I had been bounced around to different departments. He looked and that I first started in his department at 8:30 am and it should have been dealt with then, I looked at the time and it was just after 11:30 (3 freaking hours!!!). The rest of that day from there was pretty good until I tried to call one of my customers in Oregon and I was told that the phone number I was calling from had been disconnected. I call the stupid AT&T people back and I am told that the phone should be working fine in about an hour. I still have no clue why I could not dial long distance. I ended the day at 5:15 and decided that I needed to get out of the house, so I went to Costco and the grocery store, what fun. Jeremy had gone to a Dodger game with his cousin so I was left to deal with my sister who is staying with us while she is on spring break and my dad is out of town working.

Day #2 started out great. I got up took a shower realized how cold it was outside and decided to work in jammie pants and a shirt and warm fuzzy socks. (Which I am still wearing!!) The phone was so silent this morning that I thought maybe it did not work again. So I called myself at work and made sure that all lines where working. I spent the day answering emails and working on sales reports for March. And then the phone started to ring...I actually got calls from customers today!!!! My phones work and I did not have to call AT&T again!!!!!! I am now enjoying working from home. I am doing laundry while I am working and I was able to have a decent lunch!!!! We will see how long I enjoy being home before I go insane.

2 comments:

Elizabeth said...

See, told you it would be nice to be able to work in your jammies! I was thrown at first when I was reading the part about your sister staying with you, I was thinking sister? what sister? then I remembered Emily. Have her clean the house and pay her!

Meghan said...

I hate phone companies. I stand [not sit] on the phone for hours at work and they always send you from department to department. And that's because they are too incompetent to deal with you themselves. Verizon Wireless is the worst. Anyways, so glad to hear that you are in your jammies... I am jealous. Love you. Miss you.
Meg