Sunday, February 28, 2010

What a day....

Wow yesterday was a weird day. I had a earache during the week and yesterday it got so bad that my jaw was hurting. I had woken up at about 7 and could not get back to sleep so I was reading CNN to see what happened during the night and saw the news about the earthquake in Chili so I checked it out and saw that there was a tsunami warning for Hawaii and they were going to sound the sirens and evacuate people at 6 Hawaii time. My first thought was I should call my Dad since he was still in Hawaii, but then I realized that it was 5 there. He did call me at 9:30 our time and said that they had been evacuated and were up on a hill waiting for the tsunami to hit. So I watched CNN all morning waiting for updates. My dad called back at about 1 my time, which was 11 in Hawaii a few minutes before the first wave was scheduled to hit. So I talked to him for a long time waiting for the waves to come. He was supposed to be flying out of Hawaii on a 2 pm flight which I was able to check and found out it was delayed until 3:55. While I was on the phone with him he did saw that the water was receeding from the beach. Anyway he did make it out of Hawaii and is finally home. So back to the ear issue, i think that spending all that time on the phone was making my ear hurt more. So jeremy took me to urgent care and I was shocked that the waiting room was empty! We were in and out of there in about 45 minutes. I got antibiotics and after a long night of pain I am finally starting to feel better. So lesson learned, go to the doctor as soon as the ear ache begins! No more waiting to see if it will go away on its own. While I was watching CNN they said that the had reports of tsunami damage from Ventura California! Turns out it was some bouy damage, but it was weird to hear that on CNN!

0 comments: