Thursday, September 3, 2009

What to do...

Do I take a part time job and find another way to make up the extra money or do I keep looking for a full time job? So far I have not found much. I just soent almost 2 hours looking through Craigs List hoping to find something. I did apply for an office job at a construction company but they don't pay much. Should I sell Avon to make extra money? Is anyone buying Avon these days? The frustration of not having a job and not finding one is starting to really bug me. We are ok for the next 2 to 3 weeks and then after that we will be pinching and saving to pay rent.

Enough about my problems. Jeremy has been working down at the harbor the last few days while they are filming a movie. It has been hot so he comes home tired and cranky and sunburned. I sure wish our house had air conditioning. It has been very hot this week!

4 comments:

Elizabeth said...

At this point in time, take whatever comes along! I don't think I'd mess with the avon unless you know people who want to buy it, I think the only people that really make any money at it are the ones that recruit the other sellers.

The Clobes Crew said...

YES...take the part time job. With the way things are going, that might be the best you get for awhile.

I know someone who does really well with Mary Kay, but you have to really sell it all the time. I've seen her sell something to the bus person at the restaurant we were eating at. She is ALWAYS thinking "who could use Mary Kay." It becomes a way of life, to be successful.

Tell Jeremy to wear some sunscreen!

Jennifer said...

I have not been offered a part time job yet. I was just trying to figure out if that should be an option.

Jim and Heather on Meerkat said...

If part time is an option, I would say yes. I only work 30 hours a week at the boatyard, and it's 1/2 of what I used to make, but it is what it is! A job.