Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Friday July 10th

For Emily's birthday she was given 2 tickets to Universal Studios and guess who got to take her, yep thats right me!! This is a long post with a lot of pictures so bear with me.

We did the tram tour first and got to see some sound stages. Next it was on to the robot arm cars. They did an explosion and then the cars dance around. It was pretty neat to watch.






Then it started to rain and we got hit with a big flood. Hollywood magic is so much fun!




Then we got to part the water and go through it. Our car did have water come through the floor and my feet got wet!












This fountain is in all of the old monster movie. I thought it was neat looking and really wanted to take it home with me.






Jaws tried to eat us. I couldn't believe that he was actually working the first 2 times I went it had not been working.
















We even got to see the plane crash area from the War of the World movie.





















We went on the Jurassic Park water ride twice and of course I was drenched, but since it was so darn hot it felt good.













We tried out the new Simpson ride which replaced the Back to the Future ride. Surprisingly it was a lot of fun.
















Emily would not put her head in the sharks mouth so I made her stand next to it.







We watched a show of animal stars. This guy was my favorite!






And of course we had to watch the Waterworld show. I hope that they never get rid of this one. It is the best!!
































We had a pretty good day. I would very much like to go back again. The only bummer part was my left foot started hurting when we got there and just kept getting worse throughout the day. By the time we got home I could not walk on it. So on Sunday we went to the urgent care and they took xrays to see if I had a stress facture, which I don't however it was determined that I tore a ligament in my foot. So now I am stuck at home keeping off of it as much as possible and trying to figure out how to properly use the crutches. Now you may ask how this happened and the only thing that I can figure out thanks to my mom is that I wore flip flops on Friday with to much walking in them. My mom said that had heard about girls going to the doctors with foot problems and it is linked to wearing flip flops!! So next time I go somewhere where I will be doing a lot of walking I will not be wearing flip flops. I should hopefully be healed in 2 to 3 weeks. But for now I am stuck at home being bored watching way to much tv and reading some books.


















0 comments: