Tuesday, July 7, 2009

Fair Concerts...

The fair will be here in a month! I love going to the concerts and seeing people that I would normally not see or seeing people like REO Speedwagon, who were there 2 years ago. This year there is 3 concerts I really want to go to.

First Huey Lewis and the News will be there on Friday 8/7. I have to wonder though if they are trying to come out with new music or just doing fair concerts to keep their music alive. On Tuesday 8/10 is Rick Springfield. I know his one song, Jesse's Girl. Did he have any other popular songs? Ok maybe this one I don't really care about.

However I really want to see David Cook, my favorite American Idol winner!! Wow is he really coming to our fair? He is playing on Wednesday the 11th, at least I hope that is the date.

We also have our normal nights of country music, but none have jumped out at me as ones that I must see. Unlike last year when Trace Adkins was there. So now I get to pick which concert I am going to go see. I will probably only go to one to save money. I think I am leaning towards David Cook.


2 comments:

Jim and Heather on Meerkat said...

I am parked next to a boat named "Jesse's Girl".

There is a place across the street called Humphreys By the Sea - check out it's concert schedule. The boaters all just go in their dinghies and float behind the stage and can hear everything. Yes is playing I think tonight and tomorrow is Heart, but I think we have plans each night. Maybe we can just hear it from our new shoe-horn slip...

riverWolfi said...

Jennifer, if you get the chance to catch Rick Springfield live at the Fair? You will not be disappointed. The man ROCKS live.
Rocks solid, fast, furious and fun.
Give it a shot.

-Mufi (who has caught his show a
few times in as many years and has never been disappointed).