Friday, September 17, 2010

The nighttime, sniffling, sneezing, coughing, aching, stuffy head, fever so you can rest medicine.

The truth is Nyquil sucks unless you by the behind the counter one with all the good drugs in it. I have a cold or something yucky. I have been running a fever and coughing and all of that fun stuff. After a few days of having a fever we decided that I needed to go a doctor. Wednesday night we went to urgent care and i was given some antibiotics and the really really good cough medicine, the kind with codeine in it, to help me sleep through the night without coughing. The bad thing is when i wake up in the morning I start coughing again. I can't take the stuff while I am work since I kind of need to be awake while I am here. I am feeling a little better today and may even try to go have some fun tomorrow. Oh wait maybe not tomorrow, I get to see the foot doctor at 4 today and possibly get a 3rd cortisone shot. Wow what a fun day for me!

2 comments:

Gillion said...

are you getting better now? Pei Pa Koa (www.geocities.jp/ninjiom_hong_kong/index_e.htm ) is one of the few Chinese natural cough remedies that have been scientifically studied. it's something like herb plus honey, and it's sweet, thick and black in color. If you have a cough, look for it! It used to be one of my favourite natural cough remedies.

if your cough persists, seek professional help such as traditional Chinese medicine physicians - I have had very good experiences with them.

Atlanta plastic surgery said...

When coughing gets the worst of you it is very bad.You can not even rest in peace.But the cough syrups do help a lot.Luke warm water with salt in it ease the throat also.