Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Foot Update

See the red spot on my ankle? Well last Friday I got a second cortisone shot. It was numb for a good 5 hours or so and then the pain kicked in. This one hurt a lot more than the first one. It felt like I had just had surgery on it. It was not a fun afternoon for me and it continued into the weekend. Monday night I noticed that the injection site was red. I kind of forgot about it until Tuesday night when I saw that it was a bigger red spot and it was darker and hurt a lot. This morning I called the doctor and was told to come in right away. He thinks it could be a rash from the cold spray he uses or some of the cortisone leaked out and reacted with my skin. He called in a prescription for some cream to put on it and told me to call him on Friday. The good news is the shot is starting to work, the bad news is I keep getting a different side effect each time I get one! I may have one more shot next week and that it will be for a while. I'm just worried what new side effect I will have from that.

0 comments: