Wednesday, June 17, 2009

IRS Strikes again!

Last night we got a letter from the IRS stating that we owe them more money. Back in November the IRS empited our bank account to pay off what we owed for 2007 and now they want another $316. I have spent thet past hour on the phone only to be told that they did not get every penny that we owed and we still had a balance of $85. Ok so it went from $85 to $316 well yeah because of penalties and interest. Why wait so long to notify us that we still owed money, well because they don't notify you until about 6 to 7 months after because thats just their procedure. So we can set up a payment plan and be charged another $105 for that or just pay it off in 60 days. I choose the 60 day option and I can send in as much as I want. She even told me that if I wanted to I could send them $2 a day. I am reallt tempted to do that send them a check for $2.00!! I wonder if they would cash it.

2 comments:

Elizabeth said...

yes, they will cash it. when I worked at the bank, someone sent a copy of their canceled irs check and the irs CASHED it. So, send them a check for 2.00 every day, they really need the money to foot all of the bailouts.

The Clobes Crew said...

Who did your taxes? If you paid someone, they should be liable for the penalties and interest.