Thursday, March 13, 2008

A Great Man


Yesterday (3/12/08) was the 2 year anniversary of my Grandpa's passing. This picture is of me and my grandpa in 1979. It's werid how quickly 2 years has passed. Being the oldest grandkid I got to have my grandpa all to myself for the first few years of my life. I remember going to Bob's Big Boy with him and sitting at the bar with a bunch of old men and listening to what they talked about (all though I have no clue today what was discussed). Grandpa always said that "ain't" wasn't a word, imagine my surprise that it is now in the dictionary. I also remember being a kid and calling him "Bob", which was his name, not sure what made me call him that. I have lots of memories of my grandpa, but there is just to many to share today.

Grandpa, I miss you and I love you and I think about you a lot!!! Oh and I still love to go to Basket Robbins (that's what I used to call it) and have ice cream!!!

2 comments:

Elizabeth said...

awww...nice memories. that picture was at Gary's wedding, don't know if you remember coming home and playing 'wedding' with the boy next door, making him march up and down the yard with you holding your bouquet!

Jim and Heather on Meerkat said...

I thought of Dad that day too, but since we were "at sea" had no internet. Nice post Jen! And even nicer comment Liz-Beth - ha ha! I would have loved to see her play wedding!
miss you!
Heather